Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Across the Pond Top Ten: England

My next post of my study abroad: Top 10 things that I saw while in England. I'll probably do a top ten for most countries. I wanted to choose a top 10 overall, but I couldn't decide. Maybe after I've gone through each country I'll be able to narrow it down. Anyhow, without further ado, London!

10. Buckingham Palace
They had amazing statues and ornaments and gardens.
A bit overrated though.
9. Tower Bridge
Got to tour the thing. Pretty legit.

8. Hyde Park
These are some gates at the south end.
7. Millennium Bridge at night
Right next to Parliament, the Tate museum, and the Globe theater.
6.  221b Baker Street and The Sherlock Holmes Museum
They even had Sherlock Holmes profile tiles in the underground stop nearby
5. Tower of London
You  know they had their own zoo, with lions and all?

4. Henry V at the Globe Theater
Even though I had to stand, packed in with hundreds of other people, the whole 3 hours. It was worth it. I was even right next to the stage.

3. Big Ben and Westminster Abbey
Probably the most intense Baroque architecture I ever saw.

2. Les Miserables in the Queen's Theater
I'd never seen Les Mis live. It was incredibly fantastic in every way possible.
I stood in line for late tickets and got a decent seat for only £20. I passed up the 8th row center seat for £90 and gave it to the military guy from New Jersey in line behind me. 

1. Stonehenge
Bes£35 I ever spent.

 P.S. I chose not to include any Harry Potter references or sights. They would have taken up half the list. 

1 comment:

  1. Love it! These pictures are fantastic and I am even more jealous now!! Amazing!

    ReplyDelete